Comparison to fluorescent Tubes
1. LED Replacement Bulbs are 30% More Efficient
Our LED replacement bulbs only use 22 watts vs 28-32 watts of a conventional flurescent making the LED 30% more energy efficient.
2. LED Is A Directional Light Source
The LED replacement bulbs emits light at a 110 degree pattern vs the 360 degree pattern given off by T8 fluorescent bulbs. In this case, only 30% of the light given off by the t8 fluorescent is actually hitting the intended target.
This means you are not using all available light because the fluorescent bulb is also lighting the fixture.
3. LED Transfer Light vs. Heat
Led fixtures use their energy to produce light but ordinary flurescent lights use heat to generate light.
4. LED Replacement Bulbs Have No Mercury
One of the most important differences lies in the fact that there is no Mercury or Glass Content with LED lighting.
flurescent tubes contain a small amount of mercury. So if they are not disposed of correctly the mercury could build up and damge the enviroment
5. LED Does Not Give Off UV
LED replacement bulbs does not emit any light in the non-visible light spectrum (UV). UV/IR light causes colors to fade in fabrics, signage, while also being the leading cause for eye strain and eye fatigue.
Fluorescent T8 bulbs emit UV/IR light
- Energy Saving
- Direct F32T8 Retrofit for Easy & Safe Installation
- Compatible with Instant-Start Electronic ballasts
- Allows the Fixture to Maintain Original UL and CSA Compliance
- Glass Tube – Better Transparence & Thermal Conductivity than Plastic. No Yellowing or Aging Like Plastic.
- Wide Beam (240 Degrees)
- Frosted Glass to Prevent Glare
- Instant On / No Flicker
- Long Life: 50,000 Hours
- Application Friendly: UV Free & IR Free
- Environmentally Friendly: Mercury Free and Lead Free
- 5-Year Warranty
They will provide near exact light levels but with the massive benefits of a 50% to 65% reduction in energy usage.
In addition, like most LED’s, the tubes are designed to last over 40,000 hours dwarfing the standard 6,000 hour operating life of fluorescent LED tubes. This drastically reduces maintenance and replacement costs.
LED Tubes are non-hazardous and contain no mercury making them far safer than fluorescent tube options.
You can view our complete range of LED Tubes below